cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric connect deployment

Fabric connect deployment

Maryam
New Contributor III

Where can I deploy a fabric connect technology ?

Can I deploy it just in service provider company or in any company want to improve its network from traditional network to fabric connect ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WillyHe
Contributor

Fabric connect is developed  for private networks and, in my opinion, the ideal solution for private networks.

• Sub-second fail-over for uni-cast and  multi-cast traffic (no spanning-tree, U-CAST or  M-CAST/IGMP rerouting timeout issues).
  • No loops.
  • Simplified configuration, once the basic setup is done.
    NO changes are to be done on the backbone switches (BCB's (Backbone Core Bridges)).
    Only configure the access switches (BEB's (Backbone Edge Bridges)) with vlan's/IP subnets/VRF's/...
  • Simple to "manually" configure BEB access switches,
    Create a vlan.
    Assign ports to the vlan.
    Assign the I-SID to the vlan and done, no uplink ports to configure.
  • Easy to make all vlan's, subnets, vrf's, ... available between all sites even geographically distributed over the globe, only simple L2 or L3 provider connection is required.
    Just configure e.g. a vlan or vrf on an access BEB switch, assign access port(s) and done.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WillyHe
Contributor

Fabric connect is developed  for private networks and, in my opinion, the ideal solution for private networks.

• Sub-second fail-over for uni-cast and  multi-cast traffic (no spanning-tree, U-CAST or  M-CAST/IGMP rerouting timeout issues).
  • No loops.
  • Simplified configuration, once the basic setup is done.
    NO changes are to be done on the backbone switches (BCB's (Backbone Core Bridges)).
    Only configure the access switches (BEB's (Backbone Edge Bridges)) with vlan's/IP subnets/VRF's/...
  • Simple to "manually" configure BEB access switches,
    Create a vlan.
    Assign ports to the vlan.
    Assign the I-SID to the vlan and done, no uplink ports to configure.
  • Easy to make all vlan's, subnets, vrf's, ... available between all sites even geographically distributed over the globe, only simple L2 or L3 provider connection is required.
    Just configure e.g. a vlan or vrf on an access BEB switch, assign access port(s) and done.

Maryam
New Contributor III

Thank you

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

I have been working with FabricConnect for over 13 years.  

The beautiful thing about FabricConnect is that you can deploy it anywhere you want.  It comes down to business and technical requirements. Which FabricConnect can solve. 

Going back to Avaya we did have customers in the ISP space. As well as small, medium and large enterprise campus and datacentre.  As well as niche networks such as CCTV, IoT, Building control and everything in-between. 

Once people understand the scale, simplicity and robustness of FabricConnect it becomes an easy choice.  

I personally have worked on projects as small as 3 switches.  Or a single campus of 800 switches.  Or DataCentres as small as two switches up to 200 switches. 

Maryam
New Contributor III

Thank you 

GTM-P2G8KFN