cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear a user device mac address entry in the Fabric Connect table

How to clear a user device mac address entry in the Fabric Connect table

difan
New Contributor II

I hope my question makes sense. I am building a lab to learn the Fabric Connect technology. The connectivity is working between two hosts. On the BEB, I see the client's MAC address with this command:

r1:1#show vlan mac-address-entry mac 50:00:00:0e:00:00
VLAN MAC SMLT
ID STATUS ADDRESS INTERFACE REMOTE TUNNEL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
100 learned 50:00:00:0e:00:00 Port-1/3 false r2

How do I clear it?

My understanding is that the client MAC address is learned with the Data packet and not with ISIS, correct? If the destination MAC is not known, it will use the shortest tree and send the packet to every node. Is my understanding correct? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

clear mac-address-table port 1/3 address 50:00:00:0e:00:00

Hi Ludovico, I am getting the  "entry not found" error...

r1:1#show vlan mac-address-entry mac 50:00:00:0e:00:00
************************************************************************************
Command Execution Time: Tue May 28 01:50:12 2024 UTC
************************************************************************************

====================================================================================================
Vlan Fdb
====================================================================================================
VLAN MAC SMLT
ID STATUS ADDRESS INTERFACE REMOTE TUNNEL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
100 learned 50:00:00:0e:00:00 Port-1/3 false r2

c: customer vid u: untagged-traffic

1 out of 26 entries in all fdb(s) displayed.

r1:1#clear mac-address-table port 1/3 address 50:00:00:0e:00:00

Error:Entry Not Found In The Port: 1/3
GTM-P2G8KFN