Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set up automatic saving of switch configuration on VOSS switches

how to set up automatic saving of switch configuration on VOSS switches

Hisako
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide guidance on how we can configure our switches to automatically save their configurations at regular intervals. Additionally, if there are any best practices or recommendations that you can share with us in this regard, it would be immensely helpful for our team.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

Best regards,
Hisako

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ExtremeNorth
New Contributor III

IMO the best way to do this is with XIQ-SE where you can setup a schedule to archive the configurations.  During the process the VOSS config is saved an then transferred to XIQ-SE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WillyHe
Contributor

I have one comment: the number of flash writes is limited. If the saved configuration file becomes corrupt and a reboot is performed, the switch will likely boot without any configuration.

regards.

ExtremeNorth
New Contributor III

IMO the best way to do this is with XIQ-SE where you can setup a schedule to archive the configurations.  During the process the VOSS config is saved an then transferred to XIQ-SE.

XTRMUser
Contributor

I'm not aware of any built-in methods to do this.

The easiest way (as far as I know) is to use XIQ-SE. 

I think some routine that can start a CLI session (putty or equivalent), and insert commands into that CLI session (I don't know if putty can do this or not), and optionally save the output,  should work. This routine could be scheduled on a server or desktop somewhere. I've never done this, nor attempted to do this, just thinking out loud.

GTM-P2G8KFN