cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need oid for cpu and memory utilization for vsp 7k and 9k

need oid for cpu and memory utilization for vsp 7k and 9k

Dileep
New Contributor
I need oid for cpu and memory utilization for vsp 7k and 9k.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SaharYacout
New Contributor II

@Markus Nikulski Appreciate your response, however my issue was that I needed to know what OIDs to search for when I need to snmpwalk to know memory and cpu utilization and not how to do that. 

I have found the OID that served my switches to be 

- 1.3.6.1.4.1.45.1.6.3.8.1.1.13  # s5ChasUtilMemoryAvailable  "This object returns free RAM of unit in megabytes "
      - 1.3.6.1.4.1.45.1.6.3.8.1.1.12  # s5ChasUtilMemoryTotalMB "This object returns the total RAM of unit  in megabytes "

Using the above 2 for example got  me the used memory

and for cpu i used 1.3.6.1.4.1.45.1.6.3.8.1.1.5         # s5ChasUtilCPUUsageLast1Minute  " percentage of CPU used in last 1 min" 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Sahar,

if you have Extreme Management Center (XMC) in Place you can use MIB Tools.

Here are some hints from the Releasenotes of 8.5.5

MIB Tools and Flexview Editor Launched as Standalone App

The MIB Tools browser has been combined with the FlexView Editor diagnostic tool, which can now be launched as a standalone application. To launch, navigate to your Extreme Management Center server IP (https://<your XMC Server IP>:8443/Clients/MIB_Tools.jnlp) or access it from the Administration > Diagnostics tab.

NOTE: Access to the MIB Tools and FlexView Editor diagnostic tool via the Console Java application will be removed in a future release.

Regards Stephan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

here (https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000090323) is described how to download the MIBs from the Extreme Portal Product page. For Voss the same description is valid as for EXOS.

Regards Stephan

SaharYacout
New Contributor II

Is there an answer to this question anywhere? or an OID browser that could be searched?

Thanks

adammbusch
New Contributor

Did anyone ever find the MIB file to monitor CPU / Memory on the VSP 7000 series?

Dileep
New Contributor
Hi team,

Pls anyone can update on it.

Regards,
Dileep
GTM-P2G8KFN