Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Lab Fabric Connect

Virtual Lab Fabric Connect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Simple question... Is there a means to run Extreme Fabric Connect in a virtual environment?

Main reason is for me to get better familiar with the command-line and lab a virtual network without having to purchase the hardware?

If so, any instructions on how to install it.

Many thanks
32 REPLIES 32

Apart from IP routing, L2VSN ping (with MACinMAC header) also works fine between two directly connected SPB nodes. This limited functionality was enabled to give the users the glimpse of MAC in MAC encapsulated packet which they can capture and analyze. Complete datapath support will come in future releases.

No idea, sorry.

It wasn't that obvious as I was able to ping the next hop's IP interface - I would say there is no forwarding engine than no datapath.
Any clues when this is going to happen and the simulator will be able to forward traffic?

I meant dataplane. As there's no ASIC to run the code on it, obviously, we would need to simulate one in software. This is the dataplane. In this first release, there's no dataplane, so you cannot ping across the fabric, etc. All you can do is control plane configuration and see if the protocols look good.

@Stephane, can you, please, give us more details? What do you meen by "no datapath"?
GTM-P2G8KFN