Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vIST (VOSS) on GNS3

vIST (VOSS) on GNS3

Yansof
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

just a quick and simple question :

do you know whether vIST is supported on virtual Lab unders GNS3 ?

I’am trying to setup a Fabric Connect in my lab with GNS3 and I’am stuck on vIST

I know that with 8.1.5, only control plan (is-is, ist, mlt...) is implemented and supported

The data plan should le be included in up-coming image (hope so).

any news regarding new firmware VOSS that supports Data Plan ?

thanks

29 REPLIES 29

Yansof
New Contributor

lacp disabled globally and locally per vIST interafce, peers are still seens as down 😞

i got this warning

BEB-02:1#1 2020-10-22T08:35:38.430Z BEB-02 CP1 - 0x000646ef - 00000000 GlobalRouter MLT WARNING SMLT IST failing to come up because listen socket select timed out, the slave failed to connect with the master: istSocketListenSelectTimeout=109

Yansof
New Contributor

Okey Miguel, let me do it and tell you the outcome !

thanks 5997ffcf40004bce80a918e3627928e8_1f642.png

Yansof
New Contributor

Thank you Miguel meanwhile i figoured out my mistake so there is no thing to do with manuel or default system-id…

my last question, is virtual-list peer in your setup appears as down ?

thank you again.

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Yansof,

Do a no lacp enable globally.

You enabled this on an NNI interface.

You shouldn’t and prefer VLACP if you want a better result.

But for the moment disable all this stuff to make it come up.

Mig

Yansof
New Contributor

Miguel,

i had to revert spbm system-id to default value.

than set back virtual-ist

now it’s working though vist seems to be down

BEB-01:1(config)#show virtual-ist
************************************************************************************
                Command Execution Time: Thu Oct 22 08:18:56 2020 UTC
************************************************************************************

====================================================================================================
                                    IST Info
====================================================================================================
PEER-IP              VLAN     ENABLE   IST
ADDRESS              ID       IST      STATUS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10.10.10.2           4000     true     down

NEGOTIATED                                    MASTER/
DIALECT      IST STATE                        SLAVE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NONE         Down                             Slave

BEB-01:1(config)#show ip tcp connections
                Command Execution Time: Thu Oct 22 08:21:46 2020 UTC

TCP connection table info
LOCALPORT    LOCALADDR            REMOTEPORT   REMOTEADDR           STATE           VRF ID
1050         10.10.10.1           6000         10.10.10.2           synSent         0
20023        127.0.0.1            0            0.0.0.0              listen          0

i think there are still things missing…

i’ll check again.

GTM-P2G8KFN