cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vsp 4450gtx-ht-pwr+ rear picture

vsp 4450gtx-ht-pwr+ rear picture

ed_zubrickas
New Contributor III

Can someone share a picture of the back-side of the 4450GTX-HT-PWR+ model?

I can’t remember if there was anything present besides the Grounding lug...

5 REPLIES 5

akrohn
New Contributor

I found this picture on the Document CD from Göran Friedl.

Göran is a german Extreme SE.

He regularly provides us german partners a CD for download, with all information.

Regards

Andreas

ed_zubrickas
New Contributor III

Oh, yes, my hopes were realized with your picture confirmation!

I just couldn’t recall if that “DO NOT REMOVE” cover and the ports underneath were really there 😉

Where did you find that picture? I must not have scoured the product docs sufficiently 😉

The “hidden” stacking  ports were just part of Avaya’s method for re-purposing originally-ERS-targeted hardware

to run VOSS (VSP 4850GTS-PWR+, 4450GSX-PWR+, 4450GTX-HT-PWR+). I actually preferred this method to the practice of sacrificing front-panel Ethernet ports for the sake of loopback purposes when enabling SPBm. I hate explaining to a customer that they’re sometimes losing some hardware front-panel ports depending on the software config of the switch.

(I don’t have insider-knowledge of the decision-making, but ...since VOSS doesn’t support “stacking” , and Engineering hadn’t been tasked with turning those rear ports into external NNI-capable ports, it was decided to take advantage of them for the SPBm loopback role - or something like that)

akrohn
New Contributor

The covered stacking ports are behind “DO NOT REMOVE”.

Regards

Andreas

ed_zubrickas
New Contributor III

Excellent!

I was hoping to find the covered stacking ports!

Thank you!

GTM-P2G8KFN