cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSP and ACL's (and some XMC)

VSP and ACL's (and some XMC)

XTRMUser
Contributor
First time poster. A few questions, but related. All VSP's are running VOSS 8.4.3.0

1. I'm trying to limit access to the some ERS switch IP addresses using ACL's. The switches IP addresses are in a VLan. So far, I have IP's of permitted users (network admins), IP's of XMC/NAC servers, deny everybody else. Because these switches have EAP enabled ports, I think I also need to permit IP's of DHCP servers. We are a Windows shop, so do I also need IP's of Active domain controllers/DNS servers?

2. I'm also trying to limit access to VSP switches, also using ACL's. These have CLIP addresses, and are not part of a VLan. Here are the first few lines of a regular inVlan ACL (in docs that I have seen so far).

filter acl 10 type invlan name "Limit access to VSP"
filter acl vlan 10 <vlan number>
filter acl ace 10 10 ...

Since the CLIP addresses are not part of a VLan, should I skip the 2nd line? Or leave it in with a dummy vlan number?

3. Finally, is there some good documentation on VOSS ACL's? I'm aware of https://download.avaya.com/css/public/documents/101008810, but wondering if there is an updated version? Or is there an Extreme/other course about this?

Thanks for any help.
8 REPLIES 8

XTRMUser
Contributor
Thanks Sam and Ludovico. I'll pursue these avenues more.

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee
For (2), if you are trying to limit management access to the VSP, you should be looking at the access-policy configuration, rather than ACLs.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there, thanks for your patience while we looked in to this. I would recommend checking out the Traffic Filtering section of the VOSS User Guide for help with 2 and 3.

8.6 VOSS User Guide
8.4 VOSS User Guide

XTRMUser
Contributor
In response to #1, I went about solving this the other way. After the IP's of permitted users and XMC/NAC, I'm blocking ports 21,22,23,80,443 and UDP 161. This allows regular EAP traffic, but blocks control access of the switches (which is what I'm after). Unless I missed a port.

I still don't know what do about #2 and #3. Any help is appreciated.​​​
GTM-P2G8KFN