Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi I-SID through auto-sense

Wifi I-SID through auto-sense

Jave
Contributor

Hi budies,

Using auto-sense for months now, I'm asking now why auto-sense wifi i-sid is not yet implemented for whos don't have pleasure of operating Fabric Attach powered AP. Using LLDP TLV type 7 WLAN system capability sent by neighbor AP could be very usefull to configurate WLAN management VLAN, as it's done for ToIP VOICE VLAN for a while...

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Well, I did forward to the product manager, and the response is that it is not a priority right now.

However if there is a business case for it please have your Extreme account manager raise a Feature Request for it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jave
Contributor

Hi @Ludovico_Steven 

I come back to this subject: if I well understand the IPP functionality available with SwitchEngine and CloudIQ, the goal is to be able to embed third-party devices, such as APs that do not support FA... I therefore understand even less well why autosense would not be developed in this direction. So bad.

Regards.

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Well, I did forward to the product manager, and the response is that it is not a priority right now.

However if there is a business case for it please have your Extreme account manager raise a Feature Request for it.

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

We like to promote our own Extreme Wireless!

But if you are using NAC, you can still assign the desired AP untagged mgmt VLAN as well as all the other required tagged VLANs using the RADIUS response attributes.

Hi @Ludovico_Steven ,

Yes, I'm understood well your position and was expecting this answer, but a such functionnality will ever be a poor substitute to a full FA capable AP and can help to promote Fabric technology to new customers which can't afford to replace their wifi infrastructure same time as switches. To you to prouve that your wifi solution is the best and not to block amazing auto-sense capabilities for commercial purpose only: that's not Extreme minded, don't be as petty as your competitors !

We know that NAC is a solution and have already tested it with success, but in our University's open environment, it's too complicate to operate, and enabling NAC just on AP wired ports is totaly unproductive.

Never mind, I tried anyway !

Best regards

GTM-P2G8KFN