cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC TCL script results with 'javax.script.ScriptException: *** Script Error *** null'

XMC TCL script results with 'javax.script.ScriptException: *** Script Error *** null'

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hello,

Couple of days ago I was trying to play with XMC scripting capabilities to combine it with VOSS device (VSP4K).
To start with something simple to check if it works, I did a script to enable a port.
CLI script type with exact port specified worked:
enable
configure terminal
interface GigabitEthernet 1/1
no shutdown
exitI wanted to do the same but with $port variable instead of a fixed port number. I've created a TCL script to be able to do that, and then during the execution XMC did 'configure terminal', I see some standard output about 'CTRL/Z' but then the script didn't continue, there was an error instead:
javax.script.ScriptException:
*** Script Error ***
nullThe same if I try a TCL script but with fixed port number instead of $port.
What do I do wrong with that TCL script?
That looks more like a bug but perhaps there's something I don't know.
I've selected a port with $port version obviously. 😉

Regards,
Tomasz

8 REPLIES 8

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
I suggest to start to move to Python from TCL. It is much easier to troubleshoot and much more powerful. Some examples are at GitHub also.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Python works the same as TCL there. Executed in XMC and output is sent to the CLI.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
But does that Python in XMC drive the scripts server-side, or is it a Python that goes to the switch and executes there? If the latter, I agree with you in case of EXOS. For VOSS I didn't see Python support yet...?

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Hi Tomek.

I suggest to check some examples available at GitHub. There are two ways how you can enter the port. Option 1 is to use the input form. Option 2 is to select the port from the list.

Good luck and if you create some useful script feel free to share!

Z.

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN