cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XMC TCL script results with 'javax.script.ScriptException: *** Script Error *** null'

XMC TCL script results with 'javax.script.ScriptException: *** Script Error *** null'

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hello,

Couple of days ago I was trying to play with XMC scripting capabilities to combine it with VOSS device (VSP4K).
To start with something simple to check if it works, I did a script to enable a port.
CLI script type with exact port specified worked:
enable
configure terminal
interface GigabitEthernet 1/1
no shutdown
exitI wanted to do the same but with $port variable instead of a fixed port number. I've created a TCL script to be able to do that, and then during the execution XMC did 'configure terminal', I see some standard output about 'CTRL/Z' but then the script didn't continue, there was an error instead:
javax.script.ScriptException:
*** Script Error ***
nullThe same if I try a TCL script but with fixed port number instead of $port.
What do I do wrong with that TCL script?
That looks more like a bug but perhaps there's something I don't know.
I've selected a port with $port version obviously. šŸ˜‰

Regards,
Tomasz

8 REPLIES 8

We had sneak preview of that in July. It will be demonstrated at the partner conference to the broad audience.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Fabric Management? Sounds EXTREMEly good! šŸ™‚

Create VSNs on VSP/ERS is already available. With Fabric Management introduced in XMC 8.2 you will have much more robust tool.

of course you can create your own scripts/workflows. feel free to share.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Zdenek,

Thank you for the examples. I planned to use the port list approach.
I see there's a lot of things around that small simple $port variable. I'll drill it down to spot the issue on my side.

Apparently, I would like to clone some stuff from EFO for creating VSNs on VSP/ERS devices - unless I get any info that it is already planned for XMC for implementation. šŸ˜‰

Kind regards,
Tomasz
GTM-P2G8KFN