cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AD Usernames have gone from Control>End-Systems after turning on Netlogin MAC&dot1x authentication

AD Usernames have gone from Control>End-Systems after turning on Netlogin MAC&dot1x authentication

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody,

I've experienced the following issue:

1) I've configured identity-management on all switches - it allowed me to get hostnames and usernames of my Windows machines per port
2) I've found out how to send these data to Netsight>Control>Endpoint - great!
3) But I wanted even more - to get Device Family&Device Type data - and I did - now I see whether my clients are Androids, Windows or MAC OSx.

The problem is I don't get data in User Name column in End-Systems anymore. What had happened?

There were no configuration changes in identity-management!

I've noticed also that for some Apple clients I get the following error (below). I am not sure they can connect to network now( Could I fix it somehow?

c2b497a9664845eb896340fc74eaae69_RackMultipart20180119-79909-182xw6r-333_inline.jpg

Many thanks in advance,
Ilya
15 REPLIES 15

Brian_Anderson
Contributor
What does 'show identity-management entries' command on the switch show you? If you are getting names there, then maybe something is up with traffic making it to Netsight. Sometimes a reboot of Netsight will set things straight.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
As mentioned before I think the best is to either attend the official ExtremeControl class or pay a Extreme partner to configure it for/with you.

Never tried to be funny.

This is not fun, Ronald...

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
May be this is an answer?

"The Identity Manager role-based VLAN feature will not be enabled on Netlogin enabled ports."

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos/EXOS_21_1/Identity_Management/c_configuring-identity-...

GTM-P2G8KFN