cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive HiveManager Flash EOL

Aerohive HiveManager Flash EOL

chris_foster
New Contributor

Flash has now become EOL since start of the year.  I notice that some parts of HiveManager contains Flash.  When do we expect to have a resolution to this? As currently we are using mms.cfg config workaround to be able to view the parts of Hivemanager that contains Flash.

This has been previously asked here:

8 REPLIES 8

chris_foster
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok is there any update on this yet, as these screens are useful for troubleshooting issues.  Flash End of Life has been known for a very very long time and has been plenty of time to replace these Flash components.  It is poor that this has not been resolved yet as this is the last product from all of our vendors that we use that has not migrated from Flash.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @allan.libby, I’m looking for an update for you but in the mean time I wanted to pass on this article, it goes over how to check for radio frequency interference via the CLI of the AP: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000056735&q=Radio%20frequency%20troubleshooting...

allan_libby
New Contributor

Any update on this?  I read a help article on your site saying “HiveManager works fine without Flash so we won’t update it” which is false.

I am trying to diagnose Wi-Fi issues at a remote site with HiveManager and I cannot see any information about the APs other than they are connected to HiveManager. 

Is there any other way to get connection and performance information on the APs without HiveManager?

Thank you.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris, thanks for your patience, I spoke with the team that’s working on this and unfortunately we don’t have an ETA yet, but they are still working on this. Please feel free to check in with me any time and I’ll check back in with the team to see where we are at with this project. 

GTM-P2G8KFN