Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to Sites configuration

Alternatives to Sites configuration

Cibulka__Leandr
New Contributor II
Hello, gentlemen!

We are trying to compete on a big wireless project here in Brazil, (against Aruba and Cisco) where the customer needs local resilience on more than 350 diferent remote locations.

"Sites" wouldn't be an option since he doesn't want to provide 350 radius servers and also only B@AP with wep, wpa and wpa2 seems to be too humble since he wants a voice solution running on the locations with full availability.

What would you recommend?

Any suggestion are very welcome.

Thank you !

Leandro - EXT Brazil

8 REPLIES 8

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
here the matrix....

adf8f676b386410ea5e0860911b54136_RackMultipart20140606-30806-ortjdz-sites_inline.png

Cibulka__Leandr
New Contributor II
How many "sites" can we configure at the WC ?

Cibulka__Leandr
New Contributor II
Thank you very much Ron, it will help if we have a chance to explain the technologies. Cheers!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I've just read thru the "Enterprise Mobility 7.3 Design Guide" of C and as far as I unterstand flexconnect supports only local auth on the AP for LEAP (which is unsecure/broken) and EAP-FASTwith a max of 100users in the local database.

For 802.1X they also need an external RADIUS/ACS in the remote location.

So I don't see a major advantage as no one will use LEAP in 2014 and I don't think that there are a lot of network admins out there that even know what EAP -FAST is and how it work 🙂

GTM-P2G8KFN