cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP3605/AP3610 indicator lights - what do they mean?

AP3605/AP3610 indicator lights - what do they mean?

Geoff_Smith
New Contributor
I am putting together a Knowledgebase article for our service desk staff and am wondering if there is a guide anywhere as to what the different light combinations on a AP3605/AP3610 wireless access point indicate.
10 REPLIES 10

Branden_Henner1
New Contributor
It is normal to see the AP flashing red during boot. If the access point can not contact a controller for some reason it will continually reboot itself. Sometimes this can be due to a bad ROP or a misconfiguration. I recommend taking it on a case by case basis unless you're referring to a widespread issue. However, I will say that you should not see the AP flashing red during a firmware update process. It will typically alternate green flashing.

Geoff_Smith
New Contributor
Thanks Branden for the useful info regarding the Blue/Green status. Also - the capability to identify an AP by making the lights flash could be useful. I have noticed that during bootup some of the indicators flash Red as well. I assume this indicates firmware download, etc. In one instance an AP would not function and one of the indicators was flashing Red. Eventually I resolved the problem by having the cabling to the AP re-done. Understanding what the Red light indicated may have helped resolve this issue quicker so if Tamera is able to dig up a complete list of status indications it would be appreciated.

Branden_Henner1
New Contributor
First light is typically always green. It indicates power status. Second light indicates copper link speed. Green = 100MB and Blue = 1GB. The other two lights are radio 1 and 2. Green = A/B/G and Blue = N. Edit: I forgot to mention, this is called normal operation. You can also set the LED lights to display identify operation or turn them off completely. Identify operation is quick repeated flashing in order to locate the AP you're looking for. this can be changed by selecting the particular AP under the wireless APs tab of the controller then clicking the Advanced button.

I'm referring to the link speed that both the switch port and cable in between is capable of.

I am probably over-thinking this. When you say "copper link speed"; do you mean the cable from the AP to the data drop, or from the data drop to the patch panel to the switch?
GTM-P2G8KFN