Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Devices lose Internet Connection w/ Captive Portal

Apple Devices lose Internet Connection w/ Captive Portal

Dennis_K
New Contributor
Hey Everybody,

we use a WM3700 WLAN Controller and we have round about 500 Access Points (AP4600) in our Enviroment. (That are Schools and the Controller stands in our Company)

No we have some schools that use Apple Devices to connect to the Internet. For this Network we use the captive portal from the Controller. After they etablish a connection to the open WLAN they were redirected to the Captive Portal Website.

After the successfull login, they are able to surf but a few minutes later they have to login again.
We have configured a session Time about 1440 Minutes and they will be disconnected after 1D 0H 0M

Is this issue known? Do anybody know an issue with Apple Devices or some Settings to resolve this Problem?

If you have any question, i will be answer them asap.

Thank you very much!

We use the Wireless Mobility 5.4.
14 REPLIES 14

Andrew_Maldonad
Extreme Employee
Dennis,

It sounds like the user authentication isn't synchronizing between the access points. This is typically seen when there is a misconfiguration but if it is only being seen on Apple devices there could be something else going on.

Andrew

Dennis_K
New Contributor
I've opened the customers Ticket. He wrotes:

"When i leave the Room, i few minutes later, i have to log in again"

I think, its happen while roaming.

Andrew_Maldonad
Extreme Employee
Dennis,

Does this happen when the customer is trying to roam or does it also occur when they are standing still and surfing the web?

Andrew

Dennis_K
New Contributor
Hi Andrew,

thank you for your fast reply.

The Devices are Apple iPads (mixed generations)

No, they doesnt. You can surf a Website and in the next moment you browse another URL the Captive Portal shows up and you have to relogin before you can use it further.

The Time between the disconnects are different. Its up to 1 Minute until a half hour...

I have no idea anymore....

Andrew_Maldonad
Extreme Employee
Dennis,

Do the Apple devices go to sleep before disconnecting? Also, what kind of Apple devices face these issues? (iPhone, MacBook, iMac, etc.)

Andrew
GTM-P2G8KFN