cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs AeroHive ( Part of Extreme Networks ) AP122 - Multiples VLANs-Multiples SSID -ExtremeCloudIQ

APs AeroHive ( Part of Extreme Networks ) AP122 - Multiples VLANs-Multiples SSID -ExtremeCloudIQ

MetgatzEXT
New Contributor

Access Point AeroHive (  Part of Extreme Networks ) AP122 - Multiples VLANs - Multiples SSID - ExtremeCloudIQ

Hello good afternoon community, thank you for your help, collaboration, advice nd tips.

I have the following scenario.

Access Points Airohive AP122, 7 APs, connected to a LAN network let's say flat, a block, ie the entire network in VLAN 1.
All Access Points are managed through the Extreme Cloud IQ portal.

Now we intend to configure multiple VLANs, on multiple SSIDs.

VLAN 1 LAN - Maintain for management and administration of APs 192.168.100.0/24
VLAN100 - SSID - Guest 10.0.100.0/24
VLAN200 - SSID - Corp 10.0.200.0/24
VLAN250 - SSID - CorpVIP 10.0.250.0/24

Now we understand the requirements, we have our Layer 3 Switch with the VLANs created, we have the VLAN 1 Trunk ( Native untagged VLAN ) VLAN 100, VLAN200, VLAN300. On the networking side, everything is covered.

Now the doubt is in the configuration of the Access Points AP122 ( Extreme Portal-IQ )

Doubt/Point 1: Should we indicate that the management of the Access Points will use VLAN 1 ? I mean Management Interface (Mgt0) - Management VLAN Value currently blank and Native VLAN Value currently blank. In this section, as we are going to use VLAN 1, the default vlan for the management of the APs to maintain the current range of the LAN, when making the change to TRUNK of the ports that interconnect with the access points, should we indicate and force VLAN 1 in the Management VLAN/Native VLAN section or is it enough to leave it as it is, as it is VLAN 1 ?

Doubt/Point 2:
To define the different SSIDs, I understand that we must define them and associate each one to its corresponding VLAN. Now the doubt is the following, at the moment the port, the only port of the Access Point AP122, is in UpLink mode, the Wired Intefaces of the Access Point is in Port Type Uplink, we must make some change that type of port ? or with that type of port allows us to process the multiple VLANs that will be added and associated to each VLAN ?

Doubt/Point 3:
In the same point above, in the section of Wired Interfaces, ETH0, Uplink port Type appears Allowed VLANs all, I understand allowing all VLANs, but also appears and blank Native VLAN, without any value, when the change is made we must also place there and force the Native VLAN to VLAN 1 ? i.e. place in that section Native VLAN 1 or just leave it blank ?

The idea is to have multiple VLANs, either using Type Port Uplink or Trunk Port, that is to say, whichever corresponds, regardless of this, the important thing is to maintain and not lose communication with the WAN, that is to say with the Exrtreme IQ portal, of each of the Access Points, in order to be able to continue managing them from the portal.

In this post says this. So I'm a bit confused on this point and reviewing the official documentation, it is not entirely clear if it is valid only trunk or I can continue using Uplink and applying the VLANs through the network definition:
"Access port - Untagged vlan. Whatever vlan your switch has untagged on this port, is the vlan in use. Does not allow for SSIDs with their own vlan ids.
Trunk port - All vlans are tagged. AP routing protocols such as ASCP do not function, AP does not present a L3 address so cannot speak upstream to cloud.Useful in a mesh only environment where you have a switch plugged in.
Uplink - Routing protocols work here. Device will tag vlans based on SSID. Device can talk to cloud for mangement"
https://community.extremenetworks.com/t5/extremecloud-iq/wired-ap-ports-access-trunk-or-uplink/m-p/6...
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/XIQ/user_guide/GUID-1A160DB3-33F1-4C68-9ED6-BFA8A157B437.s...

Thank you very much for your time, for your collaboration and for your suggestions, tips and advice.

Greetings and have a great day.

0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN