cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying 802.1X on PCs via Group Policy

Deploying 802.1X on PCs via Group Policy

Jared_Harvey
New Contributor
I realize this is outside the scope of Extreme's product line, but we're currently looking at how to roll out 802.1X configuration to our Windows PCs in the environment. Enabling the Wired AutoConfig service is the easy part, but configuring the authentication parameters on the PCs NICs is proving to be a bit more challenging. We've been evaluating using a PowerShell script delivered via Group Policy alongside GPO rules.

How have your organizations managed this roll out when deploying Access Control and Policy?
9 REPLIES 9

You can use this site as an example: https://www.raydbg.com/2017/How-to-Configure-Wired-Authentication-Settings-via-GPO/ Just set to PEAP rather than smart card. Disregard non-domain devices.

Brian,

How are you accomplishing those four tasks?

Usually I deploy the GPO, certificate box unchecked, user or computer authentication and start the wired auto config service. I don't use a powershell script for it.

Darin,

I noticed there's no configuration for using PEAP vs. EAP, or unchecking the "Verify the server's identity by validating the certificate option" (see image)

d34fdba6314b46c7842f3903113be6c7_RackMultipart20180426-62450-1jg3uqw-image_inline.png

How do you manage these settings within your GPO?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Your post was flagged as spam 🙂
I just approved it. Thanks for sharing!
GTM-P2G8KFN