Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing new IP Firewall Rule not possible

Editing new IP Firewall Rule not possible

MarkusO
New Contributor
Hi community,

can one verify or confirm the following behavior?

When marking an existing firewall rule of a newly created policy (clone from default Guest-Internet-Access-Only policy) under Configure -> Common Objects -> IP Firewall Polices -> cloned policy name and clicking the edit button the next window not showing the choosen rule. It seems to as creating a new rule, but when I add some services or choose a destination and save the rule, the original rule was not adjusted nor a new rule was not created.

Thanks in advance
Markus
4 REPLIES 4

MarkusO
New Contributor
The behavior has disappeared since the last update of XIQ. Now the rules are editable.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Ah okay, I see the issue now. When I try to edit the facebook rule it does look like it's making an entirely new rule and then not changing my original rule or making a new one. That is definitely a bug. If you can open a support ticket and let me know the case number, I can add my notes to it so the support team knows we've already replicated the issue.

MarkusO
New Contributor
Hi Sam, the steps showing in your video are working, but what is happening when you try to edit the facebook rule?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Markus, I just tried to replicate this in my lab by cloning the Guest Internet Access Only IP Firewall Policy, then editing the new policy, adding a block Facebook rule, saving, and then reopening the new IP Firewall Policy to see the new rule there. This all worked as expected, here's a video showing my work just in case I missed something- https://www.screencast.com/t/AnvP6HY1wPE9

Is that what you are doing? Would you be able to get a video showing your results? What you're describing sounds like a bug to me, but I just want to confirm that before I send you off to support. Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN