Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS: X440-G1 maximum value of RADIUS Attributes: session timeout, idle-timeout

EXOS: X440-G1 maximum value of RADIUS Attributes: session timeout, idle-timeout

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

i want trigger reauth of printers via RADIUS Session Timeout Attribute. Because i have X440-G1 switches i do not use the policy framework. EXOS 16.1.4.2-Patch-1-3. I use the standard RADIUS Attribute Session-Timeout, with value of 604800.

604800 secs is 1 time a week - this is enough for this demand - and i want to avoid unnecessary communication breaks based on reauth.

If i use a short period let's say 5 minutes (for testing purpose) it works - but this long term period seem not to work.

Unfortunately there is no information which is the largest possible value. Does anybody know this for X440-G1.

Same question is regarding Value of RADIUS Attribute Idle-Timeout !

Best Regards
12 REPLIES 12

M_Nees
Contributor III
One general hint to all who are playing around with this:

If you wants to check which is possible on EXOS G1 switches (regarding netlogin) you have to look at manuals pre EXOS 16.1.

Starting with EXOS 16.1 the new netlogin OnePolicy Framework is coming with enhance features. Which are only working an G2 Switches.

Regards

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
According to the command ref guide the netlogin reauth period can be 0 or between 30 and 7200 seconds where 0 means disabled. So I guess it is also 7200 seconds for session timeout.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
You could try session refresh timer which is upt to 3600 seconds. But that would also require adjusting FDB aging timer.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
No idea. Sorry! I am not even sure if this works at all. The only method I have been using in those kind of scenarios was adjusting the FDB aging timer. Maybe someone else has tested this before.

OK Olaf - i though twice a time about me question - you tell me already in EXOS G1 Idle timeout of a netlogin session is bind to the FDB aging time. If i increase fdb aging time is also ingress netlogin idle-timeout.

Looking at manual i see a wide range of 15 to 1,000,000 seconds. Thats OK!

I was happy if session timeout maybe also get this wide range in future EXOS ...

Thanks for clarify that!

Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN