Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS: X440-G1 maximum value of RADIUS Attributes: session timeout, idle-timeout

EXOS: X440-G1 maximum value of RADIUS Attributes: session timeout, idle-timeout

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

i want trigger reauth of printers via RADIUS Session Timeout Attribute. Because i have X440-G1 switches i do not use the policy framework. EXOS 16.1.4.2-Patch-1-3. I use the standard RADIUS Attribute Session-Timeout, with value of 604800.

604800 secs is 1 time a week - this is enough for this demand - and i want to avoid unnecessary communication breaks based on reauth.

If i use a short period let's say 5 minutes (for testing purpose) it works - but this long term period seem not to work.

Unfortunately there is no information which is the largest possible value. Does anybody know this for X440-G1.

Same question is regarding Value of RADIUS Attribute Idle-Timeout !

Best Regards
12 REPLIES 12

i mean first.
For an example Printers or phones are sending no packets for longer than the standard fdb/netlogin timer of 5 minutes is. So i want extend this to lets so 2hours.

This is very smart if i do that with RADIUS Attribute Idle-Timeout.

So what is the maximum value of this regarding G1 Switches ?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
If you mean after which period of time a client is removed when sending no pakets, this is bound to the FDB aging timer. Or what exactly do you mean by idle-timeout?

Cheers
Olaf

Hi Olaf,

that's not really long ...

For my demand it is not usable then. I wish i had G2 switches there - OnePolicy Framework (netlogin) all using higher values (- i believe).

So because we cannot change this - i have to look for another solution.

Maybe Product Manager will equalize that within G1 and G2 possibilities (because i believe that is only a software limitation).

Do you know anything about the allowed idle-timeout ?

Regards,
Matthias
GTM-P2G8KFN