cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Power Supply for an outdoor AP1130

External Power Supply for an outdoor AP1130

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I posted this same post in the AP forum, but after almost a week, no one has replied, so i thought to post it here, in the technical forum, hoping for some help:

I have looked everywhere for an PSU for an AP1130, and even bought one that was sold as it was for an 1130, but when i got it, the end on the PSU was completely different.

Its installed in a place where im having to use a media converter, and that cant inject PoE.  Hence needing an external PSU.

for instance, this is what was advertized: https://www.walmart.com/ip/PKPOWER-6-6FT-Cable-AC-DC-Adapter-For-Aerohive-Networks-AP1130-AH-AP-1130...

and yet, when i got it, it has a single point on the insert end, whereas, when i looked at the AP, it appears like it will need some kind of 3 pronged PSU.

Anyone can help me find the correct PSU for this, so i can purchase it?

please and thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Systemscsn, I’m sorry I missed your earlier post. This kind of question is best put to your sales engineer, they’ll have all the latest SKUs and product numbers on hand for you. If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your SE, I can email that information to you, just let me know. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Even going to the Aerohive and Extreme website did not show the PSU as an accessory/add-on for the AP1130’s.  In fact, the AP1130’s have reached End Of Life for sales, which is crazy, seeing as how we bought these and a ton of AP650’s just last year (we have 158 AP’s in total), but are supported until around 2025 or so.

I think that Ruckus PoE injector will work, seeing as how the AP did power on.  Still though, not very happy about this whole experience, and that a PSU isnt even listed on either of the company’s websites.

Thanks anyway,

J.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Systemscsn, I’m sorry I missed your earlier post. This kind of question is best put to your sales engineer, they’ll have all the latest SKUs and product numbers on hand for you. If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your SE, I can email that information to you, just let me know. 

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Well found an old Ruckus outdoor PoE injector and it seems to work; well the AP powered up.  Guess i can try it and see what happens.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Here is what the input looks like on the AP1130:

c2f8bb5a929b47a4b5beacb945ed415f_e0c20d62-7faf-4299-8e7f-4a96c6ae3220.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN