cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Wireless C35 and MAC Authentication using Server 2016 Network Policy Server

Extreme Wireless C35 and MAC Authentication using Server 2016 Network Policy Server

robertmare
New Contributor

I have exhausted all documentation and suggestions for configuring Microsoft RADIUS to MAC Authenticate to our Private SSID.  We are using C35 controllers and Server 2016, has anyone been able to get this to work?  If so, what instructions/guides were followed? 

I appreciate any suggestions or recommendations!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

If your ssid is set to bridge at ap and you aren’t using AP-Aware, then the port being set to .1x may affect your authentication.  

However, if your ssid is set to 802.1x and your domain computer has 802.1x turned on, then this protocol will take precedence and will try to authenticate with the username and password of either the computer or user, depending on how the computer is configured and where in the login process the computer is in.  

I’d start with unchecking the requirement on the client to check for certificate and go from troubleshooting from there.  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

robertmare
New Contributor

I will try.  Thank you for the reply!

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

If your ssid is set to bridge at ap and you aren’t using AP-Aware, then the port being set to .1x may affect your authentication.  

However, if your ssid is set to 802.1x and your domain computer has 802.1x turned on, then this protocol will take precedence and will try to authenticate with the username and password of either the computer or user, depending on how the computer is configured and where in the login process the computer is in.  

I’d start with unchecking the requirement on the client to check for certificate and go from troubleshooting from there.  

robertmare
New Contributor

It is in fact a domain computer.  I apologize, however haven’t used NPS/RADIUS in quite sometime so unsure as to what you mean by using .1x?  The port for the connection policy is Wireless 802.11x….but doubt thats what is meant here?

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

What kind of device are you trying to authenticate? If a domain computer, why not use .1x?

GTM-P2G8KFN