Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Yosemite OS X 10.10.2 loses Wireless connectivity

McKitrick__Mark
Extreme Employee

Reference: http://osxdaily.com/2015/01/30/os-x-10-10-2-yosemite-wi-fi-problems/

Situation exists at customer site UMass Medical School with EWC running 08.32.09.0002 with Wireless AP3610-1, and the authentication is 802.1x using AD credentials.

Just starting troubleshooting, but since the issue seems to be specific to this OS and it's common enough to be posted all over the internet, I figured odds are good, someone has run into this already and best practices might already exist. If so please share.

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Sherman
New Contributor III
I've just done a lot of testing on ~12 machines and honestly don't see a lot of improvement. Several times the machines thought they had an IP but had no network access. Each time, checking the reports on the HWC - the offending clients weren't even ON the wireless. Again(still), I'm calling this an Apple problem. A few of the enlightening posts that have recently showed up about 802.1h I think were too late to make it into 10.10.3 so there's still hope.

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Just a heads up, OS X 10.10.3 was just pushed out from Apple, and it looks like it has some WiFi fixes. Unfortunately, I can't say if it will help with this, but it may be worth a shot.

Chris_Sherman
New Contributor III
Hi Ron, I upgraded to 09.15.03.0005 and immediately started having more problems with our AirPlay setup - we're using Extreme's bonjour VLAN solution, Wi-Fi only. Rolled back and things calmed right down.

Thanks!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Chris,
just because I'm curious... why did the APs run with the older image?

Thx,
Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN