cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operating with 11ax on AP650, AP510C, AP410C - is it ready

Operating with 11ax on AP650, AP510C, AP410C - is it ready

jason_hills
New Contributor III

Does anybody have feedback on enabling 11ax on Extreme AP650/510C 410C models? 

Back in Aug 2019 we had to revert from 11ax to an 11ac radio profile to resolve constant drops. I'm hoping the OS is now ready for enabling 11ax modes, now that many 11ax clients are reported in the offices. 

Looking to start with enabling OFDMA first. Before trying BSS Coloring and TWT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Esa_Kuusisto
New Contributor III

I do have 305C APs with 10.2.2 firmware. I do not think AX is ready. When AX is enabled both radios then older laptops won’t see SSIDs. Chromecast ultra only connects to 2.4Ghz. If I enable DFS in 5G then chromecast connects to 5Ghz but lot of packet drops and casting is drops/lags etc. When I do change 5Ghz back AC all works perfectly.

For now I am okay with this as I do not have any AX endpoints.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jay2009
New Contributor

I'm assuming this is still an issue in 10.2.4. I had to disable AX to get casting working. 

ClassicWolf
New Contributor

It was a great help ! Thank you very much for sharing this !

Shannon_Abby
New Contributor

We enabled AX on our 650 models back in June and haven’t had any problems with it. We also started with just OFDMA though, haven’t gone farther with it yet. Also the majority of our devices are newer model devices, that likely helped things go more smoothly. 

Esa_Kuusisto
New Contributor III

I do have 305C APs with 10.2.2 firmware. I do not think AX is ready. When AX is enabled both radios then older laptops won’t see SSIDs. Chromecast ultra only connects to 2.4Ghz. If I enable DFS in 5G then chromecast connects to 5Ghz but lot of packet drops and casting is drops/lags etc. When I do change 5Ghz back AC all works perfectly.

For now I am okay with this as I do not have any AX endpoints.

GTM-P2G8KFN