cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The authentication request was rejected due to NTLM authentication error: : Reading winbind reply failed! (0xc0000001)

The authentication request was rejected due to NTLM authentication error: : Reading winbind reply failed! (0xc0000001)

Yogakrisnanda
New Contributor
Hi everyone,

I have some project to deploy Extreme NAC server and the client is bind user via AD (Active Directory) using NTLM authentication. I have configured AAA configuration on NAC for AD and tested users (via wireless) on NAC and it seems error state description "The authentication request was rejected due to NTLM authentication error: : Reading winbind reply failed! (0xc0000001)" and reason "Rejected by NTLM authentication". Please advice for this problem. Thank you.

639a64de40a64c72bdf64ea8d3ae1237_49851559-24ac-4010-8603-8d5460c035e8.png

7 REPLIES 7

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Do you have the results of the /var/log/tag.log after the nacctl restart that we could take a quick look at?

Thanks
-Ryan

Yogakrisnanda
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

I already following the article and the result are the same. Do you have other ways to solve this problem?

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
Please refer to the following article for potential causes - in most cases your AD service account does not have sufficient privileges to join the domain.

Wireless or Wired client failing authentication in NAC through NTLM with error: Reading winbind repl...
GTM-P2G8KFN