cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the solution for 3,000 APs?

What is the solution for 3,000 APs?

Amarin_Ngaokraj
New Contributor II
Hi I'm new to Identify Wireless Appliance. I know that C5210 can support up to 2000 APs which need HA mode. My questions are below

1. What is the solution for using more than 2000 APs? Can controller work like Main controller and another controllers are slave? If can how many controller can work together is there limitation?

2. For AP licenses I know that there is license pool and is this work with multiple controllers?

Anyone has some documents to explain this please share to me.

Regards,
Amarin
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for you explanation.

Amarin yes you can have different platforms in the mobility domain.

Paulo,
No that is not possible. Each controller can only be paired to one other controller not 2 as you are describing.

Also you can only have a max of 1000 APs adopted to the controller. In failover you can do 2000 but you cant adopt 1500 to it for normal operation.

Sean

I think it's possible use only 3 controllers to solve the problem, each one with 1000 APs. For HA redundancy, we could get 3 pairs between then, where each controller would be master for a pair and slave for the other.

Or simply use two controllers with 1500 APs each and the third for HA for both.

Thanks Sean.

For the mobility domain. Can we have different appliance pairs in the same domain such as I have a pair of c25 and another pair of c5210.

The max is 2 controllers in a pair but you can create a mobility domain and group pairs of controllers together. The current recommended limit is 12 controllers or 6 pairs.

Yes you can have the controllers at different physical locations but you need to be aware of the traffic between them and also between the controllers and the APs.

A correction to Ronalds comment above is that you can connect 2000 APs to an HA pair of 5210. Each controller can take 1000 APs and in the event of one controller going down the remaining controller can handle all 2000 APs.

Sean

GTM-P2G8KFN