cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Radius disconnect

Wireless Radius disconnect

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Does the Enterasys Wireless controller (V2110) support the Radius disconnect attributes? Disconnect-Request (40) Disconnect-ACK (41) Disconnect-NAK (42) I have a scenario where clients connect and authenticate via a Radius server. The radius accounting monitors the amount of data used, once the user have reach a specific limit I would like to disconnect the user using radius disconnect messages. Thx
10 REPLIES 10

Doug
Extreme Employee
Have you been able to make any progress on this? I would try including the session-timeout in the return attributes that get included in the RADIUS accept.

-Doug
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Session-Timeout should work. Can you get a trace of the RADIUS accept packet?

-Doug

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

gherbiet
New Contributor II
Hi all,

I have approximately the same question as Andre : I would like to disconnect a 802.1X (EAP-PEAP) authenticated wireless user when the corresponding session expires.

I use FreeRADIUS with the "Expiration" attribute for the user, that properly generates a "Session-Timeout" reply-attribute that is sent back to NAS. However, it doesn't seem to be properly interpreted as the user is not disconnected when the session expires.

I don't use NAC so EWC directly interacts with FreeRADIUS. Is the "Session-Timeout" interpreted by the EWC (so I am missing something in my config) or is the only solution to rely on RFC3576 (which FreeRADIUS is doing from what I have read, although I never tempered with it myself)?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards.

Jon_Linton
New Contributor II
I do not see the disconnect attributes on the release notes. The release notes show all the supported RADIUS attributes.

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
Andre, did you need additional information regarding configuring this? If so, let me know and I can point you in the right direction. Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN