cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.41 feature discussion

10.41 feature discussion

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Let's discuss some of the new functions of v10.41.

I've upgraded yesterday but I already love the AP remote shell feature - thanks guys, now I don't need to search for the AP IP and open another window to ssh to the AP.

fe20a89620a543099ef539f654790476_RackMultipart20171010-51388-89mgx3-EWC_AP_shell_inline.png

I've a question about the http AP image upgrade function - does this now solve the issue for AP software upgrades if the controller is behind a NAT device ?

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000091402

Cheers,
Ron

22 REPLIES 22

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
v10.41.02 support ExtremeLocation on AP39xx but the ExtremeLocation release notes don't list the AP as a supported device.
Or is it supported in the next ExtremeLocation version - if that is the case which version is it and what is the release date for that version.

Thanks,
Ron

from the V10.41.02 release notes....

Integration of ExtremeWireless™ AP3900 series with ExtremeLocation 1.1 system.

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
i dont know whether this is related to Ronald's caution to the 10.41.01.0082 code above but since we upgraded to it we started to see issues with the a/5ghz radio on the APs at random times.

rebooting the APs would resolve for a period of time but likely having to reboot again.

the AP would report a blank channel or report the channel as "auto". no issue was seen with the g radio but clients would not associate

we are in the process of rolling back to 10.31.07.0002.

we noticed in the release notes an issue with MFP and WPA2-PSK WLANs but disabling made no difference.

We noticed that when the controllers were running the 10.41 code but we left the APs on the 10.31 code for a period of time, this was stable. it was only when we started upgrading the APs to the 10.41 code that we noticed the issue. Its very erratic and have had to take the decision to roll back.

Hi Martin,

It didn't seem right that nothing could connect to the a radio at all.

We've not experienced this in the past, only since going to 10.41. We did rollback pretty sharpish so unable to confirm your thoughts.

GTM-P2G8KFN