cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCESS POINT N/A STATUS

ACCESS POINT N/A STATUS

juan_romero
New Contributor II
Hi, I have an access point that I can see "green" in bulk configuration but in radio tabs shows n/a and the name of it´s SSID plus it has no channel assigned in any of it´s radios, any idea?
10 REPLIES 10

Raffi
Extreme Employee
from the gui -> ap -> ap name -> radio1 tab is the 5ghz radio, and radio2 tab is the 2.4ghz radio

make sure that the admin mode is set to on, radio mode is set to something like a/n/ac and g/n, channel width 20mhz, then request a channel manually in the request new channel drop down and click save

if the ap has wlan for it ( under the wlan assignment tab ) then under the radio 1 and 2 tabs you should see the bssids listed in the bss window box

if it was external antenna I would say to check the ap properties -> professional install and make sure the right antenna is set AND that the radio1 /2 attenuation values are set to 0

also make sure in the ap->ap properties that the ap has the correct firmware version, ie the same version as the controller

juan_romero
New Contributor II
Did it but no new logs are shown. I can see only all events

If you don't see any log messages as per my example that would mean that the AP isn't connected to the controller.

My advice... get a partner onsite or Extreme professional services to configure the WLAN solution.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
My assumption is that the AP is not "fully" connected.

So let's check for that...please do the following....

- set the log level to informational in the GUI > Controller > Logs > Logs Configuration > Wireless Controller Log Level:
- disconnect the AP from the port/power
- reconnect the AP
- check the log (GUI > logs > EWC: Events > All), is the last message that you get "Blacklist successfully sent..." like in the screenshot below.- if not please post a screenshot.

54375d154fe74005870a450350be5137_RackMultipart20160610-119433-jubjxb-APconnect_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN