cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added 3825e to C25 Controller, won't go active?

Added 3825e to C25 Controller, won't go active?

Don_Tuleja
New Contributor
I just opened a new site. Added the appropriate licenses to my C25 controller, and installed 6 new AP's. I can get the controller to see them, but I can't get them to go active. Configs appear good and complete, but the radios stay off, and the topology box shows "Inactive".

I do have the radios enabled on the radio pages.

What could I be missing? I just copied the configs from my other AP's to the new ones.
14 REPLIES 14

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
Any time you do a remote site install you should set the MTU on the AP's to 1300

If you can configure them before shipping, it is very easy in the GUI

If you need to SSH into them and change them manually, the commands are

Username: admin
Password: new2day

cset staticMTU 1300
capply
csave

You will have to wait about 30 seconds before you get a confirmation that the settings have saved

Once saved you can reboot them with the reboot command

Please let me know if this helps 🙂

I would suggest checking this article out...

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/IdentiFi-Wireless-AP-s-do-not-have-backu...
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Tomasz_Lubas
New Contributor III
Check all ap logs and check if antennas are properly installed.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
"I just opened a new site." - is that a remote site, could be a MTU problem.
Please check out this post and look whether the AP is fully registered (log message - blacklist send)....
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/remote_aps_fail_to_connect_to_controller

-Ron

Christoph
Contributor
You need to configure a whole VNS with Topology, Roles and WLAN Service and enable it all. Then you have to assign the WLAN Service to the AP.

If an AP has no active VNS (with active WLAN Service) assigned it won't activate the the radio.

Just try to use the VNS Wizard.
GTM-P2G8KFN