cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After EWC fresh install v9.21 and upgrade to v 10.01.01.0129 ap 3801i not detecting.

After EWC fresh install v9.21 and upgrade to v 10.01.01.0129 ap 3801i not detecting.

JP_Pieterse
New Contributor

AP 3801i used to be connected to dead/bricked controller. SSH'ed into AP and reset to factory.

AP getting IP from DHCP - SSH'ed onto AP and I can ping controller from AP.

Tried adding AP manually from controller by specifying AP serial followed by 0000 - AP added. I specified AP static address. AP did not come online even after reboot.

I searched and read various content on the KB and in gtac. no luck.

2 REPLIES 2

JP_Pieterse
New Contributor
Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your post.

Its working now. Did the above and when i came to your question at the bottom, it prompted me to check the EWC interface on the controller which was to be used for AP traffic. after troubleshooting and playing with config I never ticked the AP registration tick again, thus, AP's wouldn't know where to connect to.

I feel rather stupid but I am happy I could sort it out. thank you

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
- delete the AP from the controller
- "cset factory" the AP
- set the controller AP static in the AP with "cset authip 1 x.x.x.x" (x.x.x.x is the controller interface that is enabled for APs to connect)
- capply
- csave

Is there any AP connected to this new controller or is that a general issue that not even one AP could connect.
GTM-P2G8KFN