Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airprint randomly stops working

airprint randomly stops working

Joe_Kozura
New Contributor II
this is a new identifi install with 4x4 APs
the legacy Meru install was working flawlessly
the airprint server disappears after an amount of time, turning the airprint server's wifi off then back on gets functionality back
multicast settings are set to allow all multicast traffic
not sure what to adjust to get airprint to continuously work

thanks!

I love this community!
15 REPLIES 15

Joe_Kozura
New Contributor II
it was reported that the printer stopped working

looking at the station logs i'm still not seeing anything on the airprint server timing out, but in the active clients view, it has been connected for over 2 days

we offered to setup a ping sensor to the airprint server to try keep alive but the customer wants to go with a different solution to allow people to print

thanks for the help guys, I'll update this thread if the customer decides to continue troubleshooting the issue

Joe_Kozura
New Contributor II
Joseph, the broadcast re-key interval was already on and set to 3600 seconds

Ronald, I turned on station logging but haven't snagged anything yet on that station, logs are still writing to the netsight server but doesn't give me more details, we'll see if they have anymore issues with the wired port unplugged
I'll have him plug it back in Monday to see if we can break it again

Maybe setting up a ping sensor to the server's IP will keep it alive?

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
i know this has been sitting for a min and the client may have moved forward, but i am thinking about this post i must have over looked, which i apologize for.

You say that when the server is unplugged from the network, it never stops working. What configs do you have on the switch for igmpsnooping? You wouldn't happen to have fast-leave on would you?

I've had that bite me in the rear as devices that went idle would "leave" and come back with fast-leave on.

Joe_Kozura
New Contributor II
awesome! We'll give this a try, got some more feedback, if the wired port on the server is unplugged it works all the time

I'll let you know what happens

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
Ive had this happen as well. I had to turn re-key interval on and to 3600 seconds under the auth tab. The authorization becomes stale. If you roam to an AP and back it'll also "Wake" it back up.
GTM-P2G8KFN