cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP3805i-ROW won't register with V2110 anymore (same VLAN)

AP3805i-ROW won't register with V2110 anymore (same VLAN)

Dusan_K_
New Contributor III
AP's in the same subnet as the physical topology (esa0, PHY, AP Registration checked).
APs were already registered with EWC (initially deployed with .ova 10.11), but after upgrade to 10.31.x APs won't register anymore.
APs have regular IPs, respond to ping and can be accessed via ssh;
# cget config global shows correct lastAcIp
esa0 responds to ping from AP.

Please advise.
12 REPLIES 12

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Hi,

login:admin
password:new2day
#cset f

Clear the AP in the EWC to be sure and it should be abel again to connect to the EWC.

Regards
Umut Aydin

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Here the information from the Wireless Getting Started Guide.....

Determine the method of AP controller discovery used by the APs to find the controller(s) to which the AP registers to provide network service. The AP supports:

• SLP-DA Discovery: Configure the segment settings for the DHCP server that provides IP assignment to the APs to include a reference to the SLP-DA to which WLAN controllers are registered. This allows the AP to obtain a list of eligible controllers.

• DNS: Configure the controller. entry to resolve to the IP address of a
specific controller.

• Multicast: Verify that the switching gear and interconnecting VLANs are provisioned so as to allow
multicast traffic, and IGMP snooping allows for the establishment of multicast trees, allowing the
APs to subscribe to SLP-DA server advertisements. The SLP-DA server sends queries to determine
the list of registered controllers.

So it should work via multicast if that is allowed on the infrastructure BUT I'd use DHCP#78 anyway - it's just one entry.

-Ron

Dusan_K_
New Contributor III
I have not set any DHCP Option nor DNS entry.
Is DHCP Option also mandatory with APs in the same subnet as the physical topology?
We have DHCP relay.
GTM-P2G8KFN