cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandwidth Control per WLAN Service

Bandwidth Control per WLAN Service

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Anyone else interested to see the Bandwidth Control feature to work not only per client but also per WLAN service (SSID).

That would limit the max upload/download on the whole WLAN service i.e. all clients on that SSID couldn't exceed 50Mbps/25Mbps.

If someone from engineering could tell whether that could be (easily) implemented.
Because if there is no way to do it because of controller limitations I'd pass on opening a feature request.

Thanks,
Ron
6 REPLIES 6

Bastian_Sprotte
Extreme Employee
Ron,
if the Topo has the breakout on the controller, you might can control the traffic on the incomming switch port/vlan where the traffic will be switch/routed.

an Topo with Bridged@AP we will not able to control the traffic as distributed AP system and rate limit an SSID.

regards
Bastian
-

Hey Bastian,

I should have shared more infos, the thing is that there is more then one branch and they all will us the same topology = breackout with the same VLAN ID on the controller.
So I don't think that I'd control it on the device (switch/router) that connects the controller = I can't limit it per branch as they use all the same topology/subnet.

BR,
Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN