cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C25 some devices can't access

C25 some devices can't access

Michael_Ezell
New Contributor
I have a C25 wireless controller. Lenovo laptops and Windows Surface Pad Pros are not able to access my guest network. Just about every other device does. Firmware is 9.21.06.0006. The guest network is open and does not connect to the internal network. It is running off of a Comcast line and that is the only thing on it. Is there an update for this? Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you for any information you can provide. The board and senior leadership are getting restless... very restless.
11 REPLIES 11

Frank_Thomas
Extreme Employee
On the opposite end of things, how are the device in question drivers? Old drivers have a funny way of producing issues, especially if every other device type is working.

Michael_Ezell
New Contributor
Hi Joseph,
I do not see where the DHCP is set with a permanent lease or how to adjust it.

Anywho I have not had any big meetings in the room since I posted this. One is coming up so I will post results

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
I think it is safe to assume that esa1 plugs directly into the Comcast modem/router? Is it just an open SSID or are you doing a guest page for authentication?

Also, the Comcast modem/router is only a /24 network and provides DHCP with a permanent lease time. How many guests are you trying to service and have you adjusted the lease time? Your scope may be saturated

Michael_Ezell
New Contributor
Thank you for your response. It spins for a bit then comes back with "Limited Connectivity" bout of course they have no internet access. The AP's are

5f118f4b116841fab9be5605c32f3424_RackMultipart20160304-125099-mfwksw-2016-03-04_16_49_24-EWC_-_Extreme_Wireless_Assistant_-_Wireless_APs_inline.png

5f118f4b116841fab9be5605c32f3424_RackMultipart20160304-112168-vx4sk9-2016-03-04_16_45_03-EWC_-_Extreme_Wireless_Assistant_-_Wireless_APs_inline.png

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
I'm with Ron on this one. First thing that comes to mind for me is Radio settings. If you go to the AP tab in your settings, and select one of the AP's, do you have one, or both radios checked the guest WLAN?
GTM-P2G8KFN