cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C35 premature failures

C35 premature failures

Hennes_Hoffmann
New Contributor II
Having experienced two premature failures of C35 units, I am wondering, especially after the recent coverage of the Atom C2xxx issue, if more problems are on the way? Has extreme observed unusually high failure rates (my personal experience is a clear yes, 50% in 18 months) and are there plans how to tackle this?

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Sorry, yes I mean next business day which is Monday if you open the ticket on Friday.

What is a "previous generation controller " - was it a C35 and why was it not able to pair with the running one.

24hours? Maybe in the US? Despite a 24/7 service contract (Diamond Partner)we waited Friday to Monday to receive a previous generation controller as a cold spare (not sufficiently compatible to run paired). I believe it was almost three weeks after we got the proper replacement, which unfortunately turned out to be NOS.

I'd leave the pair running - if one should fail let's say tomorrow then RMA the unit, should be done in 24hours.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Please take a look at these two articles. We will be sending a notification and I'll post that here when it goes out.

FN-415: WS-C35 (30135) WLAN Appliance may fail due to degradation of a clock signal
If you have trouble with the FAQ link in the above article, you can access it here: WS-C35 Clock Issue - FAQ

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Hennes,
I expect to have more information to share on this subject in a few hours.
GTM-P2G8KFN