cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C5210 HA pair , AP's disassociate from one controller and randomly reattach to the backup wireless controller

C5210 HA pair , AP's disassociate from one controller and randomly reattach to the backup wireless controller

Rod_Robertson2
Contributor
C5210 We have recently upgraded to 09.21.11.0004 code which we hoped would resolve this issue.

This system has nearly 1000 AP spread across the two controllers.
We are seeing AP's swap from their primary controller to the back up . this is totally random and unpredictable ( so ,so far no packet capture to sniff ) ( 180/500 swap)

We have been advise so far to increase the poll timers, for the AP's. ( WASSP/CAPWAP ) AP >Global Settings> AP Registration > discovery timers

There does not seem to be any underling networking issues ,as we have no other reported issues or concerns.

Is there a known issue ?
Has anybody else seen this issue and how was it resolved.
Can I priorities the WASSP traffic through the network ( DSCP? )

Regards
17 REPLIES 17

Hi
Thanks for this info ,how is the WASSP prioritized DSCP? if so what value.

Hi Scott,

Working at a university, all of our upgrades/changes were completed before the start of the semester (9/1). We have been in monitor/fix mode since then without any major issues. We really try not to make any significant changes (wired or wireless) during the semester unless it's absolutely necessary.

Rich_Pacheco
New Contributor III
Hi Rod, I ran in to the same situation a few weeks ago. I have a pair of C5210's in HA with 1200+ APs on them. We broadcast a few SSIDs via both B@AP and B@EWC. Things were stable for a very long time. A few weeks ago we started seeing the APs bouncing between controllers. After spending sometime looking and adjusting the timers, we contacted the GTAC and were instructed to upgrade from 09.21.07 to 09.21.12. That seemed to have resolved the issue.

We are still not sure why is started happening. We were on the 09.21.07 code for a very long time without issue.

Good Luck

Many thanks, we recently upgraded to 09.21.11.0004 which was an extreme recommendation, going back to the customer and arranging another upgrade, is something I do not look forward to , without a explicit statement from extreme.

Can somebody from extreme comment on this , does upgrading the controllers to 09.21.12.X resolve this issue.

James_A
Valued Contributor
What are your timers set to currently? I have had this problem in the past, but it doesn't happen any more. My AP poll timeout is set to 4 seconds, discovery timeout is 3 seconds, detect link failure is 2 seconds.

Just to be sure, the APs aren't rebooting are they? What topology are your clients in, B@AP, B@EWC or routed?
GTM-P2G8KFN