cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I limit the amount of clients a user can connect with using peap-mschapv2 and WPA2-AES?

Can I limit the amount of clients a user can connect with using peap-mschapv2 and WPA2-AES?

jellevandewalle
New Contributor

Some users share their credentials when trying to connect devices to the network. 

We are a school. We want (our teachers) and students to learn not to share credentials with each other.

Therefore I want to limit the amount of clients per user.

Also...

Client devices use "random mac addresses" when connecting to our network resulting in a lot of known endsystems in our log.

Therefore I want to force clients to use the "mac address of their device" by "again" limiting the amount of registered devices per user.

Can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Hey Miguel, 
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.
I've looked into your workflow. It gives the admin the option to block more than 2 devices per user. That's great.
But it only works after the authentication. It should check this while authentication and give an appropriate response to the user if needed. Something like; "You have authenticated with more than 2 devices. If you connect this device the oldest of your known devices will disconnect. Will you proceed?".
Also, In my opinion, this script will push users into using random mac addresses even more.

GTM-P2G8KFN