cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller not reporting AP status correctly

Controller not reporting AP status correctly

Rich_Pacheco
New Contributor III
My C5210 controller is showing that an AP has 0 active clients and that Radio 1 & 2 which are set to "Auto Power" states that "Current TX Power Level" is Off. When I look at the switch port , it clearly shows numerous clients on that AP port. Also in OneView, I can see that there are numerous clients on both Radio 1 & 2 actively connected. I've tried hard setting the power level and also rebooting the AP and it still didn't fix it. Any thoughts on what the cause may be?

The AP is an AP3610 running 09.15.02.0009
11 REPLIES 11

I assume that fast failover is enabled - just disable fast failover and you don't have such "problem".

In normal failover the APs switch only to the foreign controller if....
- the IP link to the home controller is down
AND
- the foreign controller has no IP link to the home controller

Jason1
Extreme Employee

Raffi
Extreme Employee
You can release it by going into the backup controller's gui, wireless aps->bulk configuration->access approval->select the ap->click release.

It should go back to it's home controller and you should see the proper information on the home controller's gui.

You can't see some information in the reports if an ap is in failover state and not on it's home controller.

Raffi
Extreme Employee
Can you release the ap back to it's home controller, then look at the reports from the home controller's gui?

Doug
Extreme Employee
Rich, Take a look at the following hub link for more info on how to know what state the ap is in. https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/active-ap-report-what-means-the-different-colors
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN