cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enterasys ap 3605 radios

enterasys ap 3605 radios

Laura4
New Contributor II
I have a 3605 Enterasys AP installed, which uses a wireless controller. The AP was working, but now the controller says its Radios are OFF. However the AP still has an address, and the controller shows it as up. Does this mean the AP isn't getting enough power, or something else?

16 REPLIES 16

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
set it to default.
I've answered the MTU question in the other post....
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/recommended-mtu-size-for-3805i-access-point

I am also facing the same issue, I have 2 controllers (c5210) and i have set failover (10sec) and AP poll timer (20 sec).

I see "tunnel breaking, radios going off sometimes, and most of the logs show poll timouts".

I want to disable the fast fail-over, if I disable what should the AP poll time set to.(default / best value) and also is there any recommended MTU value for 3805i's

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Every AP is polling the the controller, if polls are not answered the AP will assume that the controller is not longer reachable and switch to the second controller.
So the backup tunnel to the foreign controller is declared the active tunnel
and the active tunnel to the local controller is moved to backup tunnel state.

Fast Failover (the name of the function) is a nice feature but not my cup of tea 🙂
In my opionion it's too dynamic so a small hiccup in the LAN could move your APs from the local to the foreign controller.

I never use it as it could result in some confusion by the customer.... and the switchover for the "normal" failover is fast enough in my experience.
I don't think it's a big deal if the APs need a little bit more time for the switchover in case of a controller outage (1-2 pings).

Laura4
New Contributor II
You're right. The AP is on the active list on the foreign controller. How/Why did it go over there?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
AP 101_Room_104b is connected via the backup tunnel - so I think the AP switched to the second controlller.

Could you check the active AP report on the second controller.
If the AP is connected to the 2nd then just release the AP so he uses controller#1.
GTM-P2G8KFN