cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Networks 31028 AP3915i

Extreme Networks 31028 AP3915i

hondaguy
New Contributor

was wondering if someone can help me. I have been using Ubiquiti equipment including their EdgeRouters and AP-AC-LR wireless access point. Recently I picked up the AP3915i on Ebay and it did not come with anything other than the unit. I plugged it into a 24v POE injector but it did nothing. No lights, nothing. Since nothing came with it I don’t know if I am even using the right POE injector. Does anyone know what I need to power it up? And how hard is it to setup versus the Ubiquiti UniFi stuff?

4 REPLIES 4

hondaguy
New Contributor

Ron, when you said “controller” do you mean a piece of software? For instance, with Ubiquiti I just install their Unifi controller on a computer then it finds the APs under “devices” then i just have to adopt it and it’s ready to go pretty much.

BTW, i was able to buy the TP-Link 802.3af 48v injectors and that powered up the Extreme AP just fine.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor

Even if you solve the PoE issue the important thing is that you’d need a controller to use that AP model.

Without one it’s just a nice piece of plastic.,

-Ron

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

you need an POE injector following the IEEE standard 802.3af or 802.3at. Ubiquiti is NOT following these standards!

Regards

Stephan

Regards Stephan

Sree_Pattabiram
Extreme Employee

Hi,

You can find the power supply and PoE information in the Installation Guide here - https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/wireless/AP_Guides/9035129-02_ExtremeWireless_AP3915i_FCC_... 

The PoE info is on Page 26. 

For details about using the access point with various indoor mounting brackets, refer to the installation video. 

Thank you,
Sree

GTM-P2G8KFN