cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeWireless support in LibreNMS

ExtremeWireless support in LibreNMS

James_A
Valued Contributor
I recently had my support for ExtremeWireless controllers merged into LibreNMS. For those not familiar with LibreNMS, it provides network graphing and monitoring with a user-friendly setup and interface. Think Cacti but web 2.0 instead of stuck in the '90s. I've added support for AP count, client count, utilization, SNR, RSSI, noise floor, retransmits and frequency, with AP power coming soon. Here's some screenshots:

Configured and connected APs (I replaced some 3710s with 3825s last week):

812f7a0dc3d642e9ac4dd421a897fc41_RackMultipart20180313-48064-152f3oi-librenms-ewc-power_inline.png

Thanks to the LibreNMS team for merging it in, and the EWC controller team for providing so much information via SNMP.
15 REPLIES 15

Thomas_Hucke
New Contributor
Hi James. I tried to establish in LibreNMs an alert that would send me a email if channel utilization would cross a certain value. In the alert configuration I used a variable called access_points.radioutil but the alert is not working. Could you help me? My objective is to get informed by email when the channel utilization of an AP is too high, or the number of clients connected crossed a cerain limit or an AP is down. With best regards,

Thomas.

They're looking for feedback on the alerting system at the moment: https://github.com/librenms/librenms/issues/8353

sensor_alert = 1 makes it easy to filter out the device and SSID statistics by disabling alerting for them within a devices "wireless sensors" settings

The alert rule i'm using in conjunction is

45cc73ce246b48d1a28a2da34770f5b3_RackMultipart20180424-22371-z7vsw-Alert_Rule_inline.png

:

If you go to Alerts>Alert Templates, you can create your own notification template and assign it to an alert. Here is a simple one i'm using for utilization:

Severity: %severity
Timestamp: %timestamp
{if %state == 0}Time elapsed: %elapsed{/if}
{if %faults}{foreach %faults}
Radio: %value.sensor_descr
Utilization: %value.sensor_current%
{/foreach}
{/if}
GTM-P2G8KFN