cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeWireless support in LibreNMS

ExtremeWireless support in LibreNMS

James_A
Valued Contributor
I recently had my support for ExtremeWireless controllers merged into LibreNMS. For those not familiar with LibreNMS, it provides network graphing and monitoring with a user-friendly setup and interface. Think Cacti but web 2.0 instead of stuck in the '90s. I've added support for AP count, client count, utilization, SNR, RSSI, noise floor, retransmits and frequency, with AP power coming soon. Here's some screenshots:

Configured and connected APs (I replaced some 3710s with 3825s last week):

812f7a0dc3d642e9ac4dd421a897fc41_RackMultipart20180313-48064-152f3oi-librenms-ewc-power_inline.png

Thanks to the LibreNMS team for merging it in, and the EWC controller team for providing so much information via SNMP.
15 REPLIES 15

Right now I am using the default alert rule "Wireless Sensor over limit" for checking Channel utilization. It is working but the alert message is not very user friendly. But at least I get an email when Channel utilization crosses a certain limit.

Hey Thomas, did you ever find a workaround? I'd like to accomplish the same thing.

If you use the cog drop down on the device page, you can go to capture>Alerts>Run to get the info below.

Rule name: Port utilisation over threshold
Alert rule: macros.port_usage_perc >= 80 AND macros.port_up = 1 AND macros.port = 1
Alert query: SELECT * FROM devices,ports WHERE (devices.device_id = ? AND devices.device_id = ports.device_id) AND ((ports.ifInOctets_rate*8) / ports.ifSpeed)*100 && (ports.deleted = 0 && ports.ignore = 0 && ports.disabled = 0) >= 80 AND (ports.ifOperStatus = "up" && ports.ifAdminStatus = "up" && (ports.deleted = 0 && ports.ignore = 0 && ports.disabled = 0)) = 1 AND (ports.deleted = 0 && ports.ignore = 0 && ports.disabled = 0) = 1
Rule match: no match

I don't think these queries were designed for EWC, and i'm no mysql wizard, so it might take a bit of toying around. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

LibreNMS alert rules are offering some variables like " access_points.txpow", "access_points.numasoclients" or "access_points.radioutil" and I thought that they are related to your migration work of EWC to LibreNMS. Anyway, thanks for answering.
Regards,
Thomas.

I don't know much about alerting in LibreNMS sorry. Ask on the forum or Discord server, there is also an overhaul of alerting being planned which you could give feedback on.

James_A
Valued Contributor
So someone in the LibreNMS Discord channel pointed out that the default sysContact for XOS switches is support@extremenetworks.com, it's probably best to change this since if you have alerting configured LibreNMS will use that email address.
GTM-P2G8KFN