Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't seem to make 3rd Party AP work.

I can't seem to make 3rd Party AP work.

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

We have 15 aruba IAP devices which I want to use them as 3. party AP on C5210 controller to utilize internal captive portal.

f69baa6377d749d8bcf1a1b4b86f92d3_RackMultipart20150626-12197-fywjn7-authcp_inline.png

I hook up the esa1 port to the swich and set the vlan tagging. Then I created a wlan on aruba and set it to vlan 60 tagged. Configured all the switches to pass vlan 60 so it can reach controller. I also created a dhcp pool on our dhcp server and configured it so vlan 60 clients use EWC interface ip (10.100.60.2) as their gateway.

So, I tried to connect to aruba but I can't seem to get ip address and connect to wlan. So what is wrong with my setup? Any hint on this is mostly wellcome.

Thanks,

Rahman
33 REPLIES 33

Jason1
Extreme Employee
Hello Rahman,

I apologize for not getting back to you on this question. I re-read what I wrote and it is confusing! I don't think I was explaining my thoughts clearly. I wanted to make sure there was no other duplicate interface for your VLAN 60 on the network.

I have attached the topology that I am using in our lab.

139c994988b647a5abaaf20555a31068_RackMultipart20160314-68789-uub4ay-3rd_Party_Network_Topology_inline.jpg

Regards,
Jason

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

Sorry to bump this old thread but I can't get any answers in GTAC case:01138086 anymore.

Here is the last tip I got from GTAC;

Hello Rahman,
Is it possible for you to route the 3rd party VNS outside of the controller? This VNS should be kept separate from the rest of the controller, so that there is a route BACK to this VNS on the network, but not "through" the controller. Is it possible for you to configure it this way and re-test?
Regards,
Jason
So anyone uses 3rd Party VNS can explain me how should be the physical topology? The 3rd party vns clients uses controller ip as their gateway so how is it possible to "not route through controller"?

Thanks,
Rahman

Jason1
Extreme Employee
Hi Rahman,

I am looking at this a bit more in my lab today and will contact you about looking your configuration remotely so we can get this working for you.

Regards,
Jason

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Thank you, I am waiting for remote session for about one month now  I just want to make sure it is not forgotten.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hello Rahman,

I just sent you an update on this ticket, the next steps at this point would be to setup a remote session so we can review your controller and debug the solution live.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN