Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeWireless - V10.21 - no fixes ?

ExtremeWireless - V10.21 - no fixes ?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

now that 10.21 is finally released I've checked the release notes and the version doesn't include any new fixes.

The GTAC told me 2 weeks ago in a call that multi-edit in V10.11 is broken and the fix will be included in 10.21.

Are the release notes correct ?

Thanks,
Ron
10 REPLIES 10

Jason1
Extreme Employee
Ron and all,
Our apologies for the confusion on this issue and the case that was opened. I spoke to the support engineers who had worked on this case and discussed the behavior and resolution. There was a misunderstanding/miscommunication on the actual problem being seen (radios entering scanning and being stuck vs. the result of rebooting the AP's and having them come up on the same channels)

With regards to the radios moving to the same channels, this is resolved with changes to the tuning functionality made in 10.21. We have seen various tuning problems in the past with AP radios would end up on the same channel and our engineering team has re-worked this functionality to resolve this and also provide more RF information in the current release. This functionality is not able to be back-ported to older versions so there may still be some tuning issues seen.

With regards to the radios going into scanning after using multi-edit, there is a current bug open for this and is being actively investigated. I do not know of a timetable yet for a fix but we will update this thread when it is available.

Best regards,
Jason

Rajesh_Jeevendr
Extreme Employee
Hi

Sharing my findings on multi-edit in 10.21 release notes.
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/release_notes/ExtremeWireless/9035051_ExtremeWireless_v10.2...

wns0015593 - page 10 of 34
Enhanced Guest account management interface to support multi-edit for Account
lifetime
wns0014415 - Page 14 of 34
Fixed channel plan pop-up when adjusting large number of APs in multi-edit
wns0014415 - Page 15 of 34
wns0014416 - Page 16 of 34

Regards
Rajesh

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
My ticket# is 01261595 - as per the last entry in the ticket the issue will be fixed in 10.21.x.

Could be any number between 10.21.02. and 10.21.99 - looks like it involves some dice rolling to find the exact version ?!

"Created By: William McIver (11/23/2016 2:19:37 PM)Customer is expiring channel timeout issue while attempting to use multiedit and auto channel on all of his APs. AP traces provided for review, per T3 this issue will be address 10.21.x firmware release."

BTW it isn't the bug ID that you've mentioned - that is another issue that I've found and reported.
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/no-custom-channel-selection-possible-at-bulk-co...

Jacob__Praveen
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Is there a particular bug ID that you guys are referring to? The 10.21 release notes certainly does have bug ID wns0014415 which seems to resolve your query.

Thanks,
Praveen

GTM-P2G8KFN