cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdentiFi Wi-Fi doesn't work with some HP laptops with RALink wireless onboard (RT3290)

IdentiFi Wi-Fi doesn't work with some HP laptops with RALink wireless onboard (RT3290)

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

Today I am experienced a strange issue. I have small wi-fi network (V2110 9.21 + 3 APs 3805i), 7 SSIDs with WPA-PSK auth. More than 70 users (laptops, phones) work fine, but two guys with HP notebooks (which have the same wifi-adapter RALink RT3290) have a problem:

1) The first guy with Windows 10 doesn't see any of Extreme SSIDs, but see many other (from different hardware vendors). Driver of wifi adapter was published in 2014.
2) The second guy with Windows 8 could see all the networks, but can't get an IP-address from required Extreme's SSID. When I've connected him with a cable to an appropriate VLAN, he's received IP without problem. Driver of wifi adapter was published in 2013.

Have anybody ever experienced such a thing? What most likely could be the problem?

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya
5 REPLIES 5

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Ilya,

1) is the SSID hidden ? Have you tried it with a manual profile on the HP laptop ?
2) please re-enter the PSK, if the key is wrong you are able to connect but don't get an IP.

-Ron
GTM-P2G8KFN