cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address issue for end users

IP address issue for end users

Saiprasad_Rao_R
New Contributor II
We added 22 access points to existing network. Setup is like this : 10 ap's are part of vlan 80 in building-1 Remaining 12 ap's part of vlan 81 in building-2 Users connecting to ap's ( vlan 80 )should get IP from vlan 90 Users connecting to ap's (vlan 81) should get IP from vlan 91 Now the issue is when we are in building-1 end user is getting IP , when he is moving to building 2 user not getting IP, but few users at building-2 are getting IP. As a resolution I have done the below: Grouped building-1 ap's and users in a single vlan 80 Grouped building-2 ap's and users in a single vlan 81 Now it seems to be better , but not sure is this correct resolution can anyone guide me.
10 REPLIES 10

Doug
Extreme Employee
When you are connected to the network that does not work, can you ping the clients default gateway? Does it reply?
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Issue resolved getting IP address, but not able to access internet. In Building-1 got ip and able to access internet but when moved to building-2 got Building-2 IP but not able to access internet.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Yes, the resolution would be the same.
Doug Hyde

I've not created topology for AP's , I created two different topologies for end users of either of the buildings. I've created a single vlan (vlan 80) for AP's in both the buildings with dhcp scope..... will the resolution be same in this case also...

Doug
Extreme Employee
Are you using the same SSID for both services? Try disabling Inter-WLAN Service Roaming in the advance tab on each WLAN-Service.
Doug Hyde
GTM-P2G8KFN