cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a WLAN guest anchor solution with additional wlan controller in DMZ possible??? (Competitor = Cisco!!!)

Is a WLAN guest anchor solution with additional wlan controller in DMZ possible??? (Competitor = Cisco!!!)

Christian_Zottl
New Contributor
Customer needs: Virtualize Management and AC (formerly netsight and nac) and WLAN.
A must have: guest traffic must not break out in the virtual "management" environment where Netsight, NAC and WLAN resides (should reside in future).
The "bridge building" competitor (cisco) solves this with a so called "guest anchor" in the dmz which is an additional wlan-controller.
-> The guest SSID is more or less bridged at "guest anchor" controller in DMZ.
L2 security -> A separate VLAN from "virtual management environment" to DMZ is (as far as I know) no option for the customer.
From the technical point of view I do have a different opinion - however
Does anybody have an idea how to resolve this requirement?
Maybe within a special mobility setting?
Many Thanks in advance
Regards
Christian Zottl
(Axians)
12 REPLIES 12

Hey Stephan,

...no, but I'd tell you how to configure it 🙂

I'll PM you the steps...

Grretings,
Ron

Ostrovsky__Yury
Extreme Employee
As I understand , it does not need to be hardware controller . The V2110 will work fine for that solution as well - as far as you can bring DMZ to the data centre.

Also thanks to your reply

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
The feature was released with 7.31 and was/is called centralized mobility / remotable VNS.

Clients from all APs/controllers on a remotable SSID in the mobility zone are terminated on the controller with the remotes service checkmark set to "remotable".

Hello Ron,

before opening this topic I was thinking about giving you a phone call ...
If somebody knew this WLAN system it is you.
Once again many thanks for your perfect training in 2008  I can still remember

This is the solution I was looking for.

Thank you
Regards
Christian
GTM-P2G8KFN