cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to configure mac authentication bypass between an Identifi controller (C4110) and a NAC?

Is it possible to configure mac authentication bypass between an Identifi controller (C4110) and a NAC?

jflores
New Contributor

I already made a configuration enabling mac auth in the test WLAN Services, and the users I can already see in the NAC endsystems, the problem is that I cannot get the devices to show me device type information, hostname, etc, etc.

Does anyone know if I need to do something?

I will greatly appreciate your help.

1e29950939b645f68b0afd949564930d_481afc1c-15b0-4599-a8f3-f10db8b46de4.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

jflores
New Contributor

Thank you very much Christian, I already applied it but it only showed me the hostname, the rest of the information is still blank.

5b7a9ce712794a608d88a0c5b11312f4_be5bf1bb-f2bc-406a-9d2d-b8dd8e42ed42.jpg

Regards.

CWurm
Contributor

Hi Jesus,

the NAC uses DHCP fingerprinting to retrieve this information. The easiest way to do this is by setting an additional IP helper address (or bootprelay on XOS) that points to your NAC.

If you do this, all DHCP requests from your WiFi clients will also be sent to your NAC engine which can learn hostname, operating system etc. from these requests.

Kind regards

Christian

jflores
New Contributor

I have a C4110 controller and a NAC Appliance, I want to display the end systems and also the type of device, device family, hostname, without the need for user interaction.

Already set up a WLAN, enable MAC-based authentication by setting the NAC as Radius server.
In the NAC I already see the end systems but the device type, device family, hostname is still not shown.

Does anyone have any idea how to do it?

GTM-P2G8KFN